Fonocast #10: I Told You I Was Freaky
by Blanca Méndez & Adrian Mata Anaya
It's no secret that we are fans of pop here at Club Fonograma. Aside from the fact that pop is fun to listen to, its familiar structures and vocal styles can be comforting. But sometimes we need to challenge ourselves with sounds that are a little bit out there, maybe hard to understand at first (or ever). Which is not to say that pop can't get kooky sometimes (Shakira, anyone?), but it's good to take a break once in a while. What I've enlisted Club Fonograma's resident weirdo, Adrian Mata Anaya, to help me do is push your boundaries of comfort a bit, to get you wondering what exactly you're listening to. With tracks by Leidi Li, Xenia Rubinos, and I.E., we hope to do just that.
- LATA - "Ink Jet Fiesta"
- I.E. - "Smartphone"
- FLYBVCK & Jairomendez - "Water Resist"
- Capullo (feat. Lido Pimienta) - "A quién amas en realidad es a mí"
- DJ MkC - "Smells Like Cumbia Spirit"
- Meneo - "& ya" (Choles Records remix)
- Leidi Li - "Mate a mi novio"
- Chico Ye - "Colegiala Dub"
- Nina Sky - "Day Dreaming"
- Xenia Rubinos - "When You Come"